We’ve had a blast! It was great seeing so many fellow hackerspace folks at the space. We’ve even had a visitor that told us he heard about us from MAKE zine. Not sure how we ended up there. Awesome!
We would like to thank everyone who visited, contributed, hacked, talked, presented stuff, offered workshops, brought awesome gear and experimental drinks (Club-Mate wine was awesome! Go RaumZeitLabor!). The event was as awesome because all of you made it that way!
If you hacked anything, took photos, or have an anecdote or two, please let us know (send a mail to hadez a-t shackspace.de) and we’ll assemble everything into a follow-up post here on the blog.
We’ve had a lot of people at the space and quite some hackerspaces were represented. In no particular order (and I might have missed one or two): c-base, sublab, c3d2, RaumZeitLabor, syn2cat, Chaostreff Tübingen, Kreativität trifft Technik Oldenburg, ECC, c3pb / subraum, entropia.
Good news everyone! The shackspace hackerspace passport stamp arrived! And as a special bonus there’s also a Ministry of Cancer stamp on top of that. So make sure to pack your passport and get two stamps for the price of one
Several folks around here started to drop camp beds and sleeping mats at the space. This means we’ll have a couple of those for you on a on-site first come first served basis.
We also have quite a number of talks, workshops and couches on the list already:
- Talk: IPv6 bei einem ISP im WAN
- Talk: Nutzen und Risiken der Bereitstellung von Internet-Zugängen
- Talk: Penspinning
- Social Couch: Ways to achieve 24/7 access to the hackspace
- Social Couch: Patterns to get rid of waste and cleaning the space
- Social Couch: How to build great teams and enable teamwork
- Social Couch: All mail clients suck. All mailing list users suck. Why???
- Dev&Tech Couch: Etching like a boss: What works, what doesn’t
- Dev&Tech Couch: Running IPv6 in the hackspace
- Dev&Tech Couch: Storage for projects
- Dev&Tech Couch: Soldering
- Workshop: PCB Design for beginners
- Workshop: Etching
- Workshop: Soldering for beginners
- Workshop: Just Fucking Shoot (Photography Workshop)
- Workshop: Physical destruction of Blackberry smart phones
- Workshop: Penspinning
If you want to give a talk and/or workshop, by all means, please add it to the wiki page, you’re free to edit it
We’re also planning to cook some food on Saturday and Sunday as well as prepare breakfast. If you want to get your share, there will be a list lying around on-site where you can put your name down
If you have not yet signed up (it’s free!), please do so to help us planning.
If you get lost on your way to shackspace, give us a call at the new shack-o-phon: +49 (0)711 21729823
We’ve had a really busy weekend at shackspace and a ton of things happened.
In limited detail:
- In preparation of the upcoming LHC2 event we’ve cleared out two spare rooms that can be used as sleeping quarters if you do not have a hotel room or other place to stay. Protip: bring a sleeping mat and the usual stuff!
- If everything works out (last minute as usual) there will be a shackspace passport stamp available for your hackerspace passport at LHC2. Protip: bring your passports or receive an enhanced pat-down at the door… maybe… if you like.
- A team of fearless engineers repaired our snack vending machine which broke Saturday night. Protip: always, ALWAYS use cable lugs on all terminals or your vending machine will die in a fire. Ours almost did, and it wasn’t even our fault, it was the original manufacturer’s.
- urkrebs now has a tiny monitoring display, codename ‘oncology‘ (sic)
- We’ve tried to get rid of or at least lessen the amount of our used up PCB etching solution. The test failed catastrophically and we now have around twice as much crap. Things can’t always work out the first time around. Chemistry kicked our butts. Protip: if something works for FeCl3 it doesn’t mean it’ll work for Na2S2O8.
- On the bright side: we’ve conducted successful galvanization experiments with the left-over etching solution. Achievement unlocked! There will be more experiments with shiny results in the future.
- A reprap mendel was spotted on Saturday! It’s still work in progress and needs some fine-tuning.
- There was (a limited amount of) Kinect hacking going on.
- More things that I forgot 😡
It’s going to happen with a probability close to 1 (yes, this means it will happen!)
Date: Friday 26th (18:00) to Sunday 28th August 2011
Hackers from several hackerspaces will meet up at shackspace for the second installment of the Large Hackerspace Convention.
If you have not yet signed up, please do so. After all, it’s free! This will help us a great deal in planning more accurately (while still maintaining low-orga-level planning efforts :D).
There will also be a soldering, etching, and pcb-design workshop by slopjong of syn2cat hackerspace, if you want to attend, please put your name down in the wiki!
If you want to give a talk and already know about what you want to talk, please just put it on the list.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to sign up for the LHC mailing list.